Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Delicious relic



The Anais Top:  This darling came from a vintage find, a 1930's top that had been meddled-with in the 1970's.  I don't know if you can see them on the picture, but it has the most beguiling little diamond-shaped inserts at the waist.  I triple-stitched them for emphasis.  Topstitching is like punctuation in fashion.  Triple-underscore in other words, I'm vigorously indicating the beauty and placement of those diamond-shaped waist details. So shapely.  And I hitched up the sides of the top, kind of like an elegant negligence.  Wait till you see it.  (Scotties Boutique in Auckland and Wellington, NG Boutique in Christchurch,  Syrup Boutique in Hampton in Melbourne, Perugia in Melbourne +613 95760268)  You'll need a maid for this one, too, seriously: the back is all snapped up, 6 snaps mounted on grosgrain ribbon.  Husband will love to be your undoing.  He'll need to practice going slow.  Snap...snap...snap...pause for effect...snap.


And the skirt?  Let me know if you want one and I'll send it via your local Still Life stockist.  I love mine.  Scotties Boutique have this skirt in a wool pieced with polyester in two textures of charcoaly black, sublime.  You will wear it to death, I promise you.  It has an elastic waist and those mad slouchly pockets, perfect for Winteriness, when you are craving some cosy but still feel feisty, and want to stomp about in your boots, or leg it with a bit of heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment