Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grace and ease



The Melie Dress:  don't you love the colour? Sort of lavendery in the reflect, but sincerely grey.  I am quite proud of this one.  She fits all kinds of shapes, just twist and tie the belt, and then plunge your hands deep in the pockets and fish out that droll shade of lipstick you purloined from the chemist. You could keep all kinds of things in there. Look at the square tilt to the back neckline.  Nice, huh?  And squared in the front too.  Feel how stiff the interfacing is that I used.  Nice grunty old-fashioned stuff.  Does precision neckline like no other.  Look at the horizontal tucks at the hem.  I drove my machinist mad with those.  But she understands me and I am grateful.  This dress took so long to make!  It was worth it don't you think?  She's called the Melie Dress and you can get her at Scotties Boutique in Auckland and Wellington, NGBoutique in Christchurch  and at Perugia in Elsternwick in Melbourne (+613 95760268)

No comments:

Post a Comment